May 30, 2013

Goals

I feel like I have no goals for my riding or for the horses. While that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's not really ideal either. Without things to aim for this can be an un-fulfilling hobby (and an expensive one at that!). I tried to come up with some goals but they were all a bit vague and obviously I wasn't into it - so I tried to get to the root of it. I love horses, I love showjumping, so why don't I care? I've been getting fatter and lazier and I wonder if this is a part of it?

So instead of having a riding-specific goal, I have a goal that sort of runs alongside the horses. By 1st August (horses birthday!) I want to no longer be overweight. I've been making an effort for over a month now, and I'm well on my way to where I want to be. I still don't feel enthusiastic, but I am hoping that when I can be more balanced and look better in the saddle again that things will fall into place. And heck, if they don't - it's not like I've lost anything except for some excess weight that I didn't need in the first place.

I really hope I can stick with it - I'm quite fickle at times. I'm pretty sure Neo is excited about the idea of not having to cart as much weight around though (big strong Cody probably doesn't care).

No comments: