May 06, 2013

Mammoths

My horses have been taken and replaced with woolly mammoths! They certainly aren't looking show-ready at this time of year, but I am glad that they seem to be holding their weight. After HoY I weaned Cody off hardfeed and since then her and Neo have really only been on grass with a half slice of hay each on rainy days. I've just grabbed some fibre sure this past weekend as the temperatures are starting to drop - they don't really need it, but it makes me feel happy to be able to give them a little feed while I go and swap rugs / check legs and all that jazz.
Yesterday was a stunning sunny day (out of the blue and unexpected, but very nice to have!) so the ponies had the whole day without rugs - so nice for them. Still not feeling motivated to do anything more than the odd ride every week or fortnight. Next horse-related goal is probably to get off my bum and take the truck for it's CoF!

2 comments:

Beckz said...

Not tempted by the winter series at manfield then?

perfk said...

tempted, for sure.... actively getting my shit together and a horse in work and the truck COF'd and losing enough weight to fit into my jods without scaring small children.. hmm... maybe less so!