September 28, 2013

On the Move

Well, the new owners at Grays Road seem to be nice people and all - but I constantly have this feeling of being in their way or intruding somehow on their lifestyle. A sense of them feeling like they're doing me a favour letting me be there, rather than providing a service I pay for. I am sure they don't mean for it to be that way at all, but I honestly don't even feel comfortable bringing the horses down and riding them.

So yesterday I scoped out some grazing in Horokiwi - it's cold, and the arena is small but I think it will be more 'comfortable'. I'm taking the horses up there in a few weeks. Fingers crossed it all works out. I think it will be nice for Neo to be in a shared paddock. Perhaps the change of location will reduce some of his issues? Or even just being in a busier environment with more horses will help? I can't hope for too much, because I know it's unlikely... but there is nothing wrong with having a spark of hope burning away quietly!

No comments: