November 04, 2008

New Horse! Dee

While I was away at the show I also managed to buy a new horse! She's a 4yo by Stark South - a pretty grey thing. I picked her up from my friend Karina on Saturday midday - so she had to stay at the grounds and integrate with my 'team' very quickly. Apart from being a little unsure of things to begin with she has been a doll! Trotted straight up the ramp on the truck, stands happily tied up while I take the others away. I also took her for a little ride around the A&P grounds on Sunday morning and she took it all in her stride.
The plan for 'Dee' (currently named 'Northern Star') is to do a few outings before Christmas, then probably get turned out on some good grass in Masterton to grow for a bit (Kody will do this too). Riding pictures to come!
So yeah, I took 2 horses in the truck to Clareville, and came home with 4! Sam and Dee have settled in really well to life back at Odenhills with the others - and Pip is super excited to have new friends to play with.

No comments: