April 15, 2009

Thermal Imaging

Kylee from Hot Spots was down in Wellington this week, and she ran her camera over Neo for me. It was really interesting, and I will be keen to use this service again at the start of the season to see where the new horses are at, and to see if Neo has improved.
In general Neo was a fairly happy & healthy lad. A few areas of tightness, though he is a fairly tense horse at times anyway so that is no surprise. The big interesting thing for me was that his hoof balance is out on his front hooves, spreading heat up through the tendons. Hopefully this should be a fairly minor fix, especially with the thermal pics to be able to show the farrier so he knows exactly what I mean:
I would definately recommend this service - and can't wait to get Kylee back again and have Neo's hooves come out picture perfect on the camera (and hopefully have him jumping some bigger tracks too - as I know he'll have no excuses!).

No comments: