June 21, 2012

Dressage Saddle

So... there comes a time when you just can't avoid it any longer, and you have to get a dressage saddle. I'd really only just sold my old one (having no use for it) - and yet somehow the universe puts me back into the world of needing a dressage saddle. Seems to fit Mijla nicely (and even popped it on Zak and it seems ok - didn't girth it up on him though, so not 100% sure). I am very out of practice though! First few pics are with my stirrups shorter...



And these two pics are with the stirrups a bit longer. I think they mostly look better longer, but I felt like I was reaching for them. I'm going to have to do a fair few hours in the dressage saddle to get into the swing of things again!



I thought I'd found a bridle to match, but alas it was not meant to be... so still on the hunt for a brown bridle to go with the saddle in case I ever get enough weight on the mare to put her in some saddle hunter classes.

No comments: