June 03, 2012

Queens BDay - Neo

Long weekend! And getting lots of work into the horses... it's been really great. Have been trying to get lots and lots of canter work into Neo. I'm sure his canter is improving (at least it feels a little softer, certainly doesn't look any better).



He's in really good condition coming into winter too - and not too much of a fluffy yak.



His trot is still really terrible and jammed up, even with loops in the reins. To be honest, at the moment I can't be bothered trying to fix it... I'm just going to work on doing one thing at a time, and at the moment I'm focused on the canter... so the trot is just going to have to wait for another time!



As usual, I don't know what the next outing for him is. Probably another of the Manfeild SJ series up in Feilding. I wouldn't mind taking him out to do some dressage so he gets some non-jumping outings, but his flatwork at the moment isn't worth offending the judges.

No comments: