March 12, 2007

update on gardens

After purchasing gardening tools for $17 (yeah okay, so perhaps they're not of the highest quality - but they'll do to get us started!) we got stuck into getting rid of some of the long grass. You might not be able to tell, but I've hacked away at heaps in the first pic... and the 2nd pic is the outside of the house that I'll have to deal with once I can work out how to differentiate weed from plant:
Nick also chopped away some of the tree branches hanging over the driveway, while I hacked away at a bush that was trying to eat the clothesline. Just tonight Nick had a go at the long grass down by the shed, but it seems that was a lost cause. I, however, was able to put standards out in preparation for bringing the mare and foal over this week.

No comments: