December 04, 2007

QE2 Horse Trials

What an eventful weekend! Truck batteries dead, almost missed my dressage ride time - all far too stressful for me I'm afraid! But ended up being a fun weekend. Took Spice to the Eventing Wellington horse trials at QE Park.
She did a slightly uptight dressage (perhaps due to being transported there fully tacked up and having absolutely NO warmup!!), but still good scores. Then a easy showjumping... and man, she just flew around the XC course like the jumps weren't even there.
So we ended up finishing on our dressage score (one of only a handful to come in without timefaults over the entire day actually) for 4th place. I was stoked.
All the others were jealous that only Spice got to go out and play... so I've got 3 entered for Manawatu ODE in Aokautere next weekend.

No comments: